240 PEACHTREE ST. NW
ATLANTA, GA 30303
404 220 2004
404 220 2822
404 220 2106
404 220 2251
of North America
Produced and Managed
by AMC, Inc.
INNOVATION UNVEILED, HONORED AT AWARDS
CEREMONY DURING LIGHTFAIR INTERNATIONAL 2008 IN
LAS VEGAS, MAY 2008—LIGHTFAIR® International (LFI), the largest annual Trade Show & Conference for architectural & commercial lighting, celebrated the industry’s most innovative product designs during the LFI Innovation AwardsSM, which took place Wednesday at the Las Vegas Convention Center, in conjunction with the opening day of the show.
Sponsored by Architectural Lighting Magazine and eLumit.com, the Awards ceremony honoring innovation is also an immediate overview of the latest lighting-related products and designs introduced in the past 12 months. LFI received 184 submissions for the 2008 program, and each product was judged by an independent panel of renowned lighting professionals. The 2008 LFI Innovation Award winners—chosen for exemplifying the best in innovative design and thinking—are:
Additionally, the ceremony honored the Best of Category Award winners, celebrating the best in the following categories:
SPOTTM Version 4.0 from California Energy Commission. Winner of the Most Innovative Product of the Year—the program’s highest honor.
- Direct Burial Series from Q-Tran, Inc. Winner of the Design Excellence Award, recognizing product excellence in design and application.
- SYLVANIA PowerSHEDTM High Efficiency Demand Response Ballast from Osram Sylvania. Winner of the Technical Innovation Award, recognizing lighting technology excellence.
- Haiku Chandelier from Strini Art Glass/Lighting. Winner of the Judges’ Citation Award, recognizing the use of recycled material in lighting design.
- Solar Area Lighting Solution from Carmanah Technologies. Winner of the Judges’ Citation Award, recognizing the effort to optimize renewable energy in lighting.
Conventional lamps: DimSlim from Feelux Lighting, Inc.
- Specialty lamps: LIFI Street & Area 40-01 from LUXIM
Downlights, Wallwashers, Accent Lights: Lightolier ColorWash Linear from Lightolier/Philips
- Track, Low-Voltage, Cable & Rail Systems: CTL8028A22MBT Optica from Con-Tech Lighting
Fluorescent Based Troffers, Suspended, Surface, Luminaires: Corelite Class R Ultra Shallow Recessed Series from Cooper Lighting
Specialty, Hardware, Lampholders, Components: Re-LT5-G2 from Bartco Lighting
- Industrial, Vandal, Emergency, Exit & Emergency Lighting: Bodine BSL23C Emergency LED Driver from Philips Lighting Company
Theatrical, Specialty Luminaries: LUMISYS (Transparent LED Signboard) from Top Nanosys, Inc.
- Controls, Daylight Integration and Systems: Wireless Photocell from Lighting Control & Design.
Images of the 2008 winners are showcased in the LFI Innovation Awards Lounge on the LIGHTFAIR Trade Show floor, which opened following the close of the ceremony at 10 a.m.
For more information, please visit www.lightfair.com or contact Elly McCloud, Executive Director of Conference & Attendee Relations, at email@example.com or 404.220.2282.
LFI is sponsored by the International Association of Lighting Designers (IALD) and the Illuminating Engineering Society of North America (IESNA). The event is produced and managed by AMC, Inc.